Tuesday, August 25, 2009

the story begins

my name is Ms. W, i'm a soon-to-be 29 year old malay lady who is full of life. i am an extrovert, i love my job and blessed with wonderful family and friends. i love activities under the sun but has come to terms that i can't do them too much.

i am a Psoriasis patient - a chronic skin disease that i was diagnosed with at the end of 2003. the disease which has made me battle with my self image, confidence, faith in God, and the ideal life that i have always wished for. it probably has to do with my genes as my mom said one of my great aunt had "skin conditions" but i somewhow know it's my stressful life at work that triggered it most.

Psoriasis, or P as i would refer to it from now onwards, has changed my life tremendously. in the first year or so i was so depressed i would rather be at home locked in my room and limit any social contact with guys.

but years have gone by. i have experienced a stage when my P is totally stable - i.e. i can be in my short sleeves, shorts, without feeling embarassed. but i have also gone through a phase where NOTHING works and it's hard to find a smooth part on my skin.

hopefully along the way i can share with readers a little more about the kind of treatment i've gone through.

but for now i'd like to talk about the new pills i have started taking only for about 5 days now - the OLIVENOL livin'. my parents was at the pharmacy one day - helpless to help me find something that might work. they are such angels, always trying to find out if there's anything that can ease my pain.

and so i went online, viewed their website and found out more about OLIVENOL livin'.

i know i shouldn't be putting too much hope on seeing significant improvements after taking OLIVENOL livin'. but one can only be hopeful. like mom used to say "Only Allah knows best, so do not give up hope".

i am inspired by the sufferings other P patients go through and i shall not give up hope.

at this point my P condition is pretty stable (no new spots) but the red dry patches just won't go away! it feels ok when i put lotion over it...but when it's dry it can drive me mad with itch!

in my next entry i will share some pics of my affected areas and hopefully in the weeks to come, we can see improvements in the pictures...


No comments:

Post a Comment